Yesterday, I had the honor to join Let's Go There w/ Shira & Ryan on Radio.com Channel Q to talk about an incredibly important topic to all employees everywhere. The idea of coming out wiggles itself in and around many categories of life and ways of living for all individuals. We focussed primarily on sexual orientation/partner choice and I want to open the conversation up wider here to gather your thoughts and stories.
It is my experience that we get to come out in one of these ways, every day:
- relationship status
- married or divorced
- with or without children
- where we live/who we live with (Parents? Siblings? Roommates? Neighborhood?)
- health choice, need, problem, or issue
- unique interest (something someone or most don't appreciate or acknowledge)
- uncommon hobby (you may name it and someone may have something negative to say)
- a piece of your past, that you may or may not be proud of
- something else...you add to the list in the comments here
When I was young, one of the judgemental approaches that was used to control me was "What will people think..."
Listen to my quick chat (16 minutes) with ChannelQ's Let's Go There with Shira & Ryan and leave your thoughts or story in the comments.
I love you all and I'm here for specific coaching, so request 1:1 time through my meeting link on the home page!